Monday, January 16, 2006

Boot Verizon ads from your blog

Verizon charges us to send pictures from our phones, but doesn't give us an opt out from sending their ads. Sleezy advertizing! This is similar to spam. Shame on you Verizon.
For bloggers like me who want to prevent Verizon from invading our moblogs when we post images from our picture phones, there are two ways I know of. You can A) boot Verizon, or B) at the very end of your message, below the picture, add the hash mark (a.k.a. pound sign) and the word "end" (no space between hash sign and end). This will prevent Verizon's ad from being posted to Blogger.
That's a picture of my boot above, taken with my Treo 600. I'm flying at 34,004 feet as I write this, and listening to the blues on my Treo. My 1Gig SD card is filled to capacity with blues harp music - from Big Mamma Thorton to Willie Cobbs - many of the best harmonica players ever recorded.



BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT VERIZON TACKED ON TO MY MESSAGE. IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IF I HAD USED "#end" AT THE END OF MY MESSAGE

This message was sent using PIX-FLIX Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures with your wireless phone visit
www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getpix.

To learn how you can record videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getflix.

To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime Player. Note: During the download
process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home